What’s your secret? When you have a good complexion, people are sure to ask. Of course, if you’re seeking answers to your own skin health, you’ve probably already found out, there’s not just one universal secret to healthy skin. Instead, health skin comes from an entire lifestyle, decisions made daily about how to care for your body. That said, these five tips will help you in determining how to create your own healthy skin.
- Apply sunscreen daily: If you’ve read our blog at all or talked to any dermatologist, you likely won’t be surprised to find out the importance of sunscreen. Non-melanoma skin cancer is the most commonly diagnosed type of cancer in the United States. It’s important to keep your skin protected from the harsh UV (ultraviolet) rays of the sun to avoid this common diagnosis. After all, sun damage is far easier to prevent than it is to treat. Be proactive with your sunscreen use to keep your skin healthy.
You might be surprised to know that different sunscreens can have different results. It’s good to have a basic non-comedogenic sunscreen for everyday use to keep your skin clear. When outside for an extended time, especially while exercising you’ll need something more sweat resistant.
- Get your beauty rest! It’s no joke, an appropriate amount of sleep is needed to help your overall health. As you sleep, your body replenishes itself. Blood flow becomes more consistent, which for your skin means new collagen develops, reducing dark circles, wrinkles, and skin inflammation, all which lead to healthy looking skin.
When you don’t get enough sleep your body isn’t able to take this time to rejuvenate and so your body misses out on this important work, causing an increase in lasting wrinkles and even leading to hair loss. Seven to nine hours of sleep is recommended for adults.
- Get regular exercise! It may be hard to make it a priority, but exercising throughout the week, at whatever level you’re able will help with the health of your whole body. For your skin, exercise contributes to elevating overall blood circulation leading to that beautiful glow we’d all like to have!
- Eat foods that fuel you. We went more in depth on this in our September Blog: Face Friendly Foods, but suffice it to say, what you put into your body significantly affects how your skin behaves.
- Consistency is key! Find a skin care routine that works for you including the basics of a good wash, moisturizer, and sunscreen. It’s well worth consulting with Tox Bar KY for what additional products you might need, because we can help customize your care to your actual needs, rather than using over the counter products that might cause more harm than good.
You’ve got an admirer in Tox Bar KY, Northern Kentucky’s Neurotoxin, Dermal Filler, and Microneedling experts. We pride ourselves in helping you look your best! Offering a wide range of solutions to your skin care conundrums, Tox Bar KY works with each client to create a care plan that will help meet your specific skin care goals.
Original Source Content: Arizona Dermatology https://arizonaderm.com/5-secrets-our-skin-specialists-swear-by/